MadMom and Mutt

Friday, April 28, 2006

101 Things

Reading a post on Pam's site today led me, through the comments on the use of the "C" word, to A Daily Dose of Denise. I've been there before but haven't yet added her to my list. (I have no idea if it's a blogroll, a site feed or whatever...it's just my little list of blogs in my Google toolbar that update when they have new posts. What can I say? I prefer easy!) Anyway, I've remedied that omission and Denise is now in my world. Ultimately, through Denise, I made my way to Michael Green's space. Talk about your Renaissance Man. What a guy!

Denise has made a list of 101 things to accomplish in 1001 days. To the best of my ability to discern, Michael Green is the originator of the concept. At minimum, he has a list of dozens of other folks with similar lists on the web, which could make for an interesting rainy day cruise.

The idea is intriguing to me, being, at present, embarked on this voyage of self-discovery, understanding and acceptance. Sheesh, could I sound any more sappy, New Age, or what? I can see in this a really useful tool for self-improvement, though. It's scary to think of setting 101 goals for yourself, not the usual too-lofty-to-ever-be-attainable goals but pragmatic, realistic goals. Pick 101 things you think you really would like to accomplish and think you really can accomplish in 1001 days. Set out plans to achieve those goals. And actually commit to doing them. Scary, huh?

So, I'm sure I'll spend much of my evening time this weekend considering 101 things I'd really like to have accomplished in 1001 days. That's 2 years, 8 months and 26 days or 143 weeks or 24, 024 hours or 1,441,440 minutes. I'd better get started!

If this interests you, I suggest going to Michael Green's site. He has that great list of others' lists and the script for adding a countdown meter to your site. Look for mine in the near future. Number one is going to be, "Have a bunch of real people friends in my real life with which to celebrate the momentous occasion of the completion of my list!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.