MadMom and Mutt

Friday, April 14, 2006

I Jumped on the Bandwagon

Well, first Kelly joined up and Pam is now waiting for her coffee reviewer's package to arrive, I figured, "What the heck," and registered last night at Boca Java as well.



Heck, I'm an ER nurse! We've got to drink coffee to survive! And, I do love the taste of a good cup o' Joe. I'm not sure they'll want me, though, because I have to draw the line at flavored coffees. I was born and raised in New Jersey, which must be the diner capital of the world! When you've grown up and spent 30 years drinking Jersey diner coffee, you really don't get the draw of drinking white chocolate raspberry coffee. Gimme my white chocolate, raspberries and coffee separately and I'm all set. Mix them all together in a coffee mug when I'm trying to do my wake-up routine and I'll say, "No, thank you, Ma'am!" Hmmm...white chocolate, raspberries and coffee sounds like a perfect dessert!

So, I've got my fingers crossed and am polishig up on coffee terminology..."robust," "full bodied," "nutty," "rich," "smooth," "bouquet." Whaddyathink? ; )

In other news, I'm checking Mike's website at school twice a day now for the promised Brendan pictures and videos. Did I tell you I lugged my laptop all the way out to Pittsburgh, planning to get first dibs on baby pictures, and Mike is making me wait? How cruel is that? He wants to go through and select them first and didn't buy my idea that he could do that while Jen and I played with the baby. Drat.

So I'm doing my best to be the patient grandma here but I want to see him in motion and really want to see what those eyes look like. He was so worn out when I was out to visit on Wednesday that all he showed of his eyes was when they rolled up in his head while he was dreaming. Sorry, that look is just a bit creepy! I'll see if I can get Mike and Jen's permission to link their Brendan pics here once they're up so you can enjoy him, too.

Another day in the salt mines...we had 8 traumas yesterday. Luckily, I wasn't working trauma but I betcha I will be there today. On a Friday, in the spring, with the first real break in the weather. I'm sunk!

Another day in paradise!

3 Comments:

  • Awwwwww, Cher! Love the baby pics. Mike and Jen look so happy. They're ok with their child being shared with the world, right? ;-)

    When you described the coffee I really thought you meant your dear friend Mocha: rich. full-bodied. nutty.

    It all fits, no?

    By Blogger Mocha, at April 15, 2006 12:01 AM  

  • Thanks, Kell. Yes, everyone loves everyone and he's such a cutie! I guess I'll find out if it's alright to post his pics once they cehck out my blog again...it'll probably take them a couple of months at least! And, of course, I was talking about you..."robust," "smooth," "bouquet."

    What else could it be???

    By Blogger Cheryl, at April 15, 2006 12:49 AM  

  • I hardly drank coffe until I started working as a nurse, even while working full-time and going to school full-time with a toddler at home. I remember how cute I was at first, in 1984, carrying my little Thermos of coffee in to work my 11-7 shift. How else is one supposed to stay awake, I ask you?

    Thanks for the coffe reviewing tips. Haven't heard anything yet. Sure hope they accept me and that I'm one of the first 500...I want the goods!

    As for new parents, yes, they usually are too cute. I happen to be particularly enamored of this pair, though. ; ) They do make an adorable couple, don't they?

    By Blogger Cheryl, at April 15, 2006 11:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.