MadMom and Mutt

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

m&m's

C'mon, it's been a while. I deserve some candy!

~ ~ ~


I've never been a fan of Melissa Etheridge. Will they
kick me out of the dyke club for that, you think? Sheesh! And I just learned the secret handshake and password and all! Though I might be much more a folk, blues, jazz or funk girl, I still love Melissa's hair these days! God, I love a woman with smart, short locks, especially when she's
absolutely gorgeous ! ::sighs::

~ ~ ~

I've had a rather rough week. I've been doing an awful lot of gardening the past few weeks. No, I won't trouble you with pictures. Well, maybe just one. This is my "old stump" bed in daylight. The creek is in the background through the trees. This tree really must have been something in its day...the stump is about 4 feet across. I try to maintain as much of the natural environment as I can, provided it's pleasing to the eye.

That means I leave the English ivy but get rid of all the other vines. I hate vines! As much as I love wisteria, I hate to see it in the trees, twisting the life out of them. I destroy, remove, rip out and otherwise purge my immediate vicinity of parasitic vines with vigor. Which is why I find myself in my present position...

~ ~ ~

...'Roid rage! I showed my left arm, icky, weeping, scabby wounds and all from the poison ivy, to Dr. Bob at work last week. When the rash didn't start getting better after a dose of oral prednisone, Dr. Bob said I needed a shot. I was most concerned about the injection, but I needn't have worried. Dr. Bob does give a good shot. Things gradually improved but I couldn't understand why I was such a Bitch (note: capital "B") at work on Monday and Tuesday. It's not "that time of the month." Why was everyone trying to piss me off, to get in my way? Why was everyone arguing with me??

My skin started "crawling" on Monday but I didn't realize it until Tuesday. I finally figured it out and called the pharmacy yesterday to find out how long I could expect to feel this way. If I'd only had oral steroids, it would be fully resolved within a few days of finishing the course of medication. But, since I'd gotten a shot of steroids, the side effects will last longer! She couldn't tell me exactly how long.

Never again!

~ ~ ~

So, I passed up the Nursing Excellence Award ceremony for fear that I would either burst into tears or tell the wrong person off thus losing my present position and any chance of the ER nurse/computer person job I so want. I think blowing off the ceremony was the wise career choice.

I also called out from work today. My skin is still tingling all over, as if every nerve ending is covered by something no thicker than a soap bubble. I feel my clothes against my skin all over my body! I can't tolerate Sadie licking my arms or legs and she can't understand why. Again, staying home feels like the wiser choice if I really want to perpetuate my employment.

~ ~ ~

I started this post last night, was up until 5 AM before I got tired (another side effect of the 'roids. ARGH!) I'm now as fully refreshed as I going to be today and ready to hit the garden before the rain comes. Almost done my 'rock garden' so I'm sure to have pictures later today. Happy day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.