MadMom and Mutt

Friday, May 05, 2006

What I've Been Up To

My first clematis flower bud...













My clematis a few days ago...




















My clematis last evening...









And that first bloom, fully realized.




This is what has been occupying my time. I am teaching myself to be a master gardener.

I've put in a new flower bed next to my outside steps with impatiens and begonias. I have plants to create a 'rock garden,' really just a slope in my 'yard,' where I'll half bury some of the rocks I uncover as I garden and fill in with sedum, alyssum, pincushion flowers and other interesting, creeping, flowering plants, mostly perenniels.















My 'Rock Garden' flowers and my nascent perenniel bed

I've also created a perenniel bed with columbine, Jacob's Ladder, dodecatheon and foam flowers. Many of these are native varieties. I have a border of daffodils behind the perenniels and have planted clumps of muscari (grape hyacinth) in front. It should look lovely next spring!


One of my columbine varieties








My next project, filling in my "old stump" bed with impatiens, coleus and, maybe, some torenia.


I've also been on a few good cruises and have updated my links to include some important (to me) political sites. Check them out, if you're at all left or progressive leaning...


I hope to squeeze some time in over the weekend to catch up on some blogs and blogging. Look for a post, soon I hope, about my Blogger Review Package from Boca Java! Seems they will even allow a piddly, little blogger like me to review their coffee. If they can do my palate justice, I hope I can do their coffee justice!

href="http://www.bocajava.com/">Boca Java

Sorry this is a little sloppy but I really must get to work!

Happy day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.